List of active policies
|End-User License Agreement (EULA) for FSC Digital Resources
|Conditions of Use
Privacy and personal data
We only collect, use and store personal data that is necessary to setup your account and provide access to our online courses and the functionality they provide.
In providing access to this site for educational purposes, FSC reserves the right to monitor, inspect, copy, review, and store usage of information transmitted or received by users. All information and materials posted/uploaded to the site shall be and remain the property of FSC and no user shall have any expectation of privacy regarding such materials.
The personal data we store and how this is used
This site stores your first name, last name, username, email address and Country of origin. These are mandatory fields required in the setup of your account. We also collect data about your activity on the site, including progress with courses, and any contributions and amendments you make to your account settings or courses that you subscribe to.
How long is your data is stored
The personal data stored as part of your user account on this site is retained for as long as that account remains active. To facilitate the ability for users to access account and course history again in the future, we currently deem that an account is inactive after a period of 6 years since the last login. This will be subject to regular review.
Links to third party websites and services
FSC’s online courses accessed via this site contain hyperlinks to other websites. These links are established in good faith. The FSC cannot be held responsible for the content or functionality of these websites or services, and any personal information disclosed to these sites is not covered by the FSC’s data processing or privacy statements.
Cookies are small amounts of information which we may store on your computer to help to help improve the user experience when using this site. If you do not want to Cookies to be used, untick the ‘Remember username’ tick box that is displayed on the login screen.
The Data Controller
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the ‘Data
Controller’ is ‘Field Studies Council’.
Registered Office: Preston Montford, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 1HW
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties
any user’s personally identifiable information. This does not
include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our
systems, conducting our business, or servicing our customers, so
long as those parties agree to keep this information
confidential. We may also release information when we believe
release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our
policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or
Please read this EULA carefully before using the resources. It provides a license to use the resources.
This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you and Field Studies Council (“FSC”).
If you are given a free trial of the resources, this EULA will also govern that trial. By clicking "accept" or installing and/or using the resources, you are confirming your acceptance of the terms of this EULA.
If you are entering into this EULA on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to these terms and conditions. If you do not have such authority or if you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this EULA, do not install or use the resources, and you must not accept this EULA.
This EULA shall apply only to the resources supplied by FSC
regardless of whether other resources are referred to or
described herein. The terms also apply to any FSC updates,
supplements, Internet-based services, and support services for
the resources, unless other terms accompany those items on
delivery. If so, those terms apply.
Each license is granted to a school entity based at one school site, including multiple buildings and entrances. Schools that are part of Multi-Academy Trusts or Federations must purchase individual licenses for each school.
FSC hereby grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the resources on your devices at the school site in accordance with the terms of this EULA agreement.
The license allows all staff employed at a school site to access the resources, for use with any number of classes taught at the school site.
You are permitted to load the resources onto a device (for example a PC, laptop, mobile or tablet) under your control. You are responsible for ensuring your device meets the minimum requirements of the resources. You are permitted to download teaching resources, excluding video content, that are required for students to take part in the digital course, for example, handouts and PowerPoint presentations. You are permitted to make copies of handouts for individual student use at your school site.
You are not permitted to:
- Edit, alter, modify, adapt, translate or otherwise change the whole or any part of the Resources nor permit the whole or any part of the Resources to be combined with or become incorporated in any other resources, nor decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Resources or attempt to do any such things.
- Download any video content from the host site.
- Reproduce, copy, distribute, resell or otherwise use the resources for any commercial purpose. This includes other schools or colleges within a Multi Academy Trust or Federation.
- Allow any third party to use the resources on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party.
- Use the resources in any way which breaches any applicable local, national or international law.
- Use the resources for any purpose that FSC considers is a breach of this EULA.
Intellectual Property and Ownership
FSC shall at all times retain ownership of the resources as originally downloaded by you and all subsequent downloads of the resources by you. The resources (and the copyright, and other intellectual property rights of whatever nature in the resources, including any modifications made thereto) are and shall remain the property of FSC.
FSC reserves the right to grant licenses to use the resources to third parties.
This EULA is effective from the date you first use the resources and shall continue until terminated. You may terminate it at any time upon written notice to FSC. The license will be automatically terminated at the end of each academic year.
It will also terminate immediately if you fail to comply with any term of this EULA. Upon such termination, the licenses granted by this EULA will immediately terminate and you agree to stop all access and use of the resources. The provisions that by their nature continue and survive will survive any termination of this EULA.
This EULA, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with
this EULA, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with
the laws of the United Kingdom.
SummaryOur Conditions of Use policy explains our limits of service and code of conduct.
- Registered users of this site must be 16 years of age or above.
- By using this site, you consent to our data-processing, privacy, and use policies.
- You are responsible for all activity/use of this site under your username. You should not make your username or password available to anyone else nor should you use any other person's username.
- You must not carry out any action (including knowingly introduce a virus, worm, trojan horse, Spyware, or other similar code) that shall or may interfere with the normal working of this site or interfere with content or user data or disrupt other users’ ability to use this site.
- You must not use this site to access, store or distribute material that is deemed to be offensive, obscene, indecent, libellous, or pornographic, to include any other conduct or content that would constitute a criminal offence.
- You must not create, distribute or store material or behave in a manner when using this site that is deemed to be extremist, unlawfully discriminatory, abusive, or inappropriate towards other users that is likely to incite any form of violence or hatred; or that is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to others.
- Materials on this site are protected by copyright law and should only be used as intended and only for the access duration provided. When uploading material to this site users must not use any third-party materials (including images, databases, text, sounds, logos, trademarks) in any uploaded content that breaches copyright or intellectual property rights. Users must not copy any third-party material unless the permission of the owner has been obtained.
- FSC will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a
distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other
technologically harmful material that may infect your computer
equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary
material due to your use of our sites or to your downloading of
any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. You
should ensure that you have appropriate protection against
viruses and other security arrangements in place when using the